Farrukh Ahmed, a fellow blogger and a close friend of Saad Khan has drafted a more detailed report on the the tragic death of Saad Khan during the recording of a Unilever Reality Show in Thailand – he asks some pertinent questions which need to be answered
Unchained / Farrukh’s Blog: As a representative of the grieved family & friends, I would like the following questions to be answered:
- Corporate Social Responsibility of Unilever & Mindshare in the making of this reality show? Was there ever a document regarding the planning of the event?
- Were the safety precautions adequate at the time of shooting any stunt?
- Were the participants given any safety trainings / briefing for the stunt?
- What are the credentials of Unilever & Mindshare to host and manage a reality show? Any corporation while undertaking any project develops a project plan / manual. We would like to see the project manual for the show.
- Were the contestants insured?
- On what criteria were the candidates selected? Did the organizers inform the participants of potential danger involved?
- If the stunt involved danger of drowning, why was the life jacket optional especially when there was a 7kg bag affixed with every participant?
- How may lifeguards were present? In other reality shows like Fear Factor, there is usually 1 guard for each participant who is responsible to look after that individual. Why did it take around 15 minutes to search and take out the body when there were cameras watching the precise spot where Saad went down?
- The pond in question is located in Chatuchak park in Bangkok. The pond is reported to be muddy with precise depth unknown. Why was the pond selected without measuring the depth and being tested by professional safety officials before the stunt?
- Was this place randomly selected or through a series of approvals?
- Why is Unilever / Mindshare avoiding the media on the subject if they took the necessary precautions?
- Has any staff from Unilever (the main organizer) actually scene the place before / after the incident?