“CONSTITUTIONALISM AND SOCIAL JUSTICE: WHY THE RULE OF LAW MATTERS TO THE LIVES OF ORDINARY PEOPLE” a discussion talk with Qazi Faez Isa
- Isnt a constitution supposed to enforce our fundamental rights?
- Why does it seem to be silent on violations instead?
- What does the constitution have to say on communal and public property? On labour? On the environment? On sovereignty?
- Does it make any difference whether a constitution exists or not?
- How can we get the constitution to protect us?
- Can it keep being changed at will?
- Whats wrong with it that it has to be changed?
- What is a constitution anyway?
These and other questions will be answered and discussed at an Info and Q&A session with Qazi Faez Isa, Barrister-at-Law and Advocate, Supreme Court of Pakistan
The Green Economics & Globalization Initiative, SHIRKAT GAH in collaboration with the PEOPLES RESISTANCE
Date: Sunday, 13th January, 2008 (Today)
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Venue: Shirkat Gah Office, Meeting Room (1st Floor),
2 Bath Island Road, Parin Lodge, (near Bridge Store)
We urge you to come and raise your issues.