Reko Diq is a small town in Chagai District, Baluchistan having the world’s largest Gold and Copper reserves (!!!). Reports emerging from various sources indicate that the US $ 65 Billion natural deposit might have been sold for US $ 21 Billion to Tethyan Copper of Australia which has taken the contract to develop this mine while Barrick Gold Corporation of Canada and Antofagasta of Chile have a joint-ownership of the copper-gold deposit at Reko Diq.
The Reko Diq deposit is being explored by Tethyan Copper Company Pty Ltd (75%) and the (BDA) Balochistan Development Authority (25%). Tethyan Copper Company is held jointly (50:50) by Barrick Gold Corporation and Antofagasta Minerals.
Currently the deposit is at scoping / pre feasibility stage. It is a world class copper / gold porphyry style deposit, typical of the tethyan belt. It has been sold to the Zionist controlled regimes by the Pakistani Government under the dictator at a price of $21 billion. Rough estimates suggest that the gold and copper at the surface accounts for $65 billion worth of deposits.
Dawn: Reko Diq is a giant copper and gold project in Chaghi, containing 12.3 million tons of copper and 20.9 million ounces of gold in inferred and indicated resources. The copper-gold deposits at Reko Diq are believed to be even bigger than Sarcheshmeh in Iran and Escondida in Chile. The Reko Diq copper deposits which is in the neighbourhood of Saindak copper project, is four times larger in copper ore tonnage than Saindak. The most credible international surveys suggest that Reko Diq is one of the biggest undeveloped copper projects in the world with over 11 billion pounds of copper and nine million ounces of gold. So far, three foreign companies have purchased stakes in the strategic copper and gold assets setting off a cycle of ‘change of foreign ownership’ of Reko Diq copper project. Pakistan has only 25 per cent stake in the Reko Diq copper project. The rest of the 75 per cent stakes had first been transferred to BHP Billiton, the Anglo-Australian mining giant and then BHP Billiton under a ‘deed of waiver and consent’ transferred it to the Australian TCC and now TCC has sold its 19.95 per cent stake to Antofagasta Minerals.
The question for the wider audience on this blog is to find out if this is actually true, it apparently seems that with a very small stake in the overall project (25%) we might be on the wrong end of the stick. I cant seem to make any sense behind this but open the floor to experts who might better be able to shed light weighing in this PDF report that has some serious mining data supporting the Riko Diq project