Dr. Afia Siddiqui’s lawyer, Elizabeth Fink, held a press conference recently. The legal team remains very worried about Afia’s physical and psychological condition. The struggle to get her a fair trial continues. Meanwhile, the legal team suggests one small way that we can support Afia – by sending letters/postcards of support to her.
Details on where to send letters/postcards:
AAFIA SIDDIQUI #90279-054
METROPOLITAN DETENTION CENTER
P.O. BOX 329002
Please note that all mail WILL be opened and read by the U.S. government. Please do NOT discuss her case, the charges against her, where she has been for the past 5 years, her children, family health matters – and do not ask her to discuss these things with you.
ONLY letters/postcards are permitted. Please do NOT send packages. You can send photographs with your mail, but no other items can be sent by mail. Please observe these restrictions.
You can send books, magazines, and newspapers directly from the publisher. Books can be ordered through Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com.
Afia has requested books with nature photographs. She would also like to receive a daily newspaper (New York Times) and magazines. If you would like to send her any of these items and want to make sure that she has not already received it, please email Sarah Kunstler at sarah AT fkolaw DOT com.
Afia has a commissary account which she can use to make telephone calls and to purchase personal items and snacks. The fastest way to put money into this account is through Western Union. You can do this by telephone, in person at a Western Union location, or online.
- At an agent location with cash: You must complete a Quick Collect Form. To find the nearest agent, call 1-800-325-6000 or go to www.westernunion.com.
- By phone using a credit/debit card: Call 1-800-634-3422 and press option 2.
- Online using a credit/debit card: Go to www.westernunion.com. Click on Make Payment. Click the “online” button under “Send Money to an Inmate’s Trust Fund.” Select “Federal Bureau of Prisons” as the Correctional Facility and hit continue. Enter the amount of money you wish to deposit, the state you are sending from, and hit continue. The account number is 90279054SIDDIQUI. Put Aafia Siddiqui in the ATTN or MEMO line.
For each Western Union Quick Collect transaction, the following information must be provided:
- Account #: 90279054SIDDIQUI
- Attn or Memo Line: AAFIA SIDDIQUI
- Code City: FBOP
- State Code: DC
If you have any further questions, please contact Sarak Kunstler at sarah AT fkolaw DOT com.