As if the revelations could not get any worse – Ansar Abbasi in his article in The News today trumps Pakistan with an even more interesting investigation about the fiasco surrounding the Intermediate results of the daughter of Chief Justice of Pakistan Mr. Abdul Hameed Dogar.
What has come to light is that all this was orchestrated so she could get admission into Islamic Medical College as with her initial low grade at 640 Farah could not even apply to appear in the admission test which was scheduled for September 21st a fact which was confirmed by Major (retd) Munir Azam, who was associated with the college administration So in preparation to ensure that she appears in the admission test the bureaucratic wheels were set in motion and from the 10th of September the Chairman of the Federal School board was able to muster up the necessary re-examinations to gingerly tip Farah’s score over the magical 660 barrier.
On one hand every parent wishes for the best education for their children, but sadly the irony of this specific case is that she unfortunately happens to be the daughter of CJP Hameed Dogar, who was the judge to replace, the then Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammed Chaudhry who was thrown out of office for a number of allegations of which one incidentally was helping his son Dr. Arsalan in his CSS exams. With such a torturous history it seems Justice Dog-ar has too been caught red handed literally with his pants down
Ansar Abbasi’s Column in The News on 26th September: Farah Hameed Dogar, the daughter of the chief justice of Pakistan, whose FSc marks were jacked up, thereby, sparking a controversy, has already been admitted to a medical college against a special quota reserved for judges, although, the same college had refused to entertain her application before her marks were revised by the FBISE. The earlier refusal of the Islamic Medical College, Rawalpindi, had primarily come because Farah Dogar was in Grade-C with only 641 marks. But only a week after her first attempt, she submitted a fresh application along with a new marks sheet to the college, which accepted her application only because the new result showed her in Grade-B with 661 marks.
The Chronology of Events regarding Farah Hameed Dogar’s case
- August 4, 2008: Inter results announced where Farah Hameed Dogar, Roll number 545207, daughter of Mr Abdul Hameed Dogar securing 640 marks in Grade C.
- August 20, 2008: Applied for “re-checking” of four papers including English II, Urdu II, Pakistan Studies II and Physics II after depositing the mandatory Rs1,200 fee (rate of Rs300 per paper)
- August 28, 2008: Applied for another “re-checking” application to add the subjects of Chemistry and Biology for which she deposited the required Rs 600 (rate Rs. 300 per paper)
- August 30, 2008: The Re-checking Committee, which on August 30 recommends an increase of only one mark (01) to be added in the subject of Biology as the counting was originally not done correctly. In the case of Physics, Pakistan Studies, Chemistry, Urdu and English, the Committee noted ‘CFC’ (Checked and Found Correct) against each paper.
- September 10, 2008: Chairman FBISE Commodore (retd) Shamshad, in violation of the board rules, ordered: “Pl have the answer books of this candidate re-assessed.”
- September 11, 2008: Application forwarded to the Deputy Controller Examination “Special arrangements may please be made, as directed by the chairman, today” and referred it to his Controller of Examinations.
- September 12, 2008: The Controller of Examinations noted: “Pl call the examiner concerned. Proceed as directed by the CM (chairman)” and sent it forward to the deputy controller, examinations, who wrote on the file: “Immediate pl.”
- September 13, 2008: The Examiners concerned were made to attend the controller, examination (Sec) office to reassess her answer sheets. Normally, the answer sheets where the re-checking is required are sent to examiners in sealed envelopes but in this case, the “head examiners” were made to attend the office of the controller of examinations.
- September 15, 2008: After the controversial re-assessment, which resulted in an increase in her marks from 640 to 661, an assistant controller of examinations referred the case to the deputy controller of examinations on Sept 15. The same day the file was moved to the chairman, who granted his approval to the new marks.
- September 21, 2008: Farah Hameed Dogar with a new marksheet is now eligible to sit in the entry test of Islamic Medical College, which she passed, but based on the results did not qualify for Open Merit and was instead allocated a seat in the college on the ONE seat allocated to the Judges quota. A source said for the one-seat quota of judges, some other candidates were also in the run to get admission but luck smiled on the chief justice’s daughter.
Its basically unfair to other students who may have been more eligible to potentially become doctors from this college – why should she alone be allowed to cheat her way in? It seems for the Chief Justice of Pakistan – Justice is most definitely Blind