A meeting was called in local Church to discuss the incident of Gojra. A notable number of 20 Muslim/Christian leadership of Rawalpindi/Islamabad attended the meeting. Meeting was facilitated by Waheed Yousuf.
Fr Rahmat Hakam welcomed the participants for and thanks for their participation on a very short notice. All participants were asked to shared their feelings and suggestion on this incident and many of them addressed the participants including Mian Aslam ex MNA, Allama Inayat Shakir, Moulana Tanveer Ahmad Alvi, Mehboob Sada, Shamsul Haq Awan, Fr Rahmat Hakim, Fr Nadeem Kamran, Malik Ansar, Shafqat Aziz, Amjad Gulzar, Aamir Shehzad, James Jan, Younus Masih, Jamil Khokhar and Basharat. The minutes of the meeting are as follows
Facts of Gojra incidents were shared
- Total Death toll is 8 persons, including women and children of one family, who were brunt alive.
- 87 houses were brunt or badly damage
- 150 families were forced to leave the area
- It was also noted that administration of the Gojra took no step to protect the lives and properties of innocent Pakistanis.
All participants were agreed on the following joint declaration
All participants of this meeting are agreed on the following that we
- Extend our sympathy and sorrow with affected families of Gojra
- Condemn the brutal, inhuman and shameful act of terrorism in Gojra
- Condemn the criminal negligence of local administration of Gojra, which ultimately took the lives of innocents Pakistanis
- Demand the full investigation of desecration of Holy book of Quran in Gojra.
- Demand the State should take necessary action against the officials of Gojra DPO, RPO and DSP
- Demand the release of compensation to the families of death persons and owners of damage houses/properties as soon as possible.
- Demand the immediate arrest of culprits, involved in Gojra incidence.
- Condemn the incidence(s) of religious violence, occurred in any part of the world.
- Demand the repeal of discriminatory laws in Pakistan.
- agree and support the state in way to normalized the situation