UN estimates there are 980,000 people being displaced out of NWFP – there is tremendous suffering and a severe lack of funds and Volunteers.
Facebook Event – Collection / Donation appeal for IDP’s in SWAT
I plan to lead a team to the affected areas hopefully to depart from Karachi on the 18th of May 2009 to take the collected donation items personally into the region of Mardan and physically distribute the items only to the needy and suffering.
We are interested in anything that you can contribute. We are hoping to pre-pack the collected items into small handy packages so as to distribute items to each individual person. The small packages will help us avoid hoarders who made even the 2005 Earthquake a business.
Please Please do not donate old/expired stuff. Make sure edible items are hygienic and properly packed.
- Most Important things Pedestal Fans, Tents, Mattress.
- Utensils: Jerri cans (large plastic cans that hold 20 liters of water or other liquids), Crockery, Buckets
- Toiletries: Tissues, Soaps, Dettol (antibacterial cleaners), Towels
- Food: Rice [3 kg pack], Wheat [3kg pack], Sugar [1 kg pack], Tea [1 box each], Variety of Daals [1 kg each], Milk [in tetra packs or powder], Safe drinking water
- Most important thing is Anti Mosquito sprays
- Water purification tablets.
- Life Saving drugs.
- Vaccines for malaria, cholera, typhoid, influenza.
- Pain killers including strong ones like morphine derivatives, tremadol, pethadine, kinz .
- Antibiotics e.g. tetnus, amoxil, gentamycin.
- IV cannulas
- IV Drip sets
- IV drips: normal saline, ringerlactate
- Local anesthetics (injections)
- Cotton bandages, cotton.
- Surgical instruments: e.g needle holders, forceps, tweezers.
- Suturing materials, Skin staples.
Just think about it that if you live in tent then which kind of things you need there so buy it and donate it.
AND YES THE ENTIRE TRIP WILL BE DIGITALLY BLOGGED | PHOTOBLOGGED & TWITTERED