Guest Blog by temporal who blogs at Baithak
Look at this lead story from the Nation. [also quoted below] – Arrested militants name RAW for funding 680m through Afghan secret agency
- Where are the credits? Who wrote this story?
- What are the sources of this story?
- Is this a scoop or a “leaked” story
- Does it smack of lifafa journalism?
- If this story is true, how could the GoP handle it better?
- Should the three persons named be charged and tried in an open court?
- Media be given free and unbridled access to cover the trial?
- – to interview the three?
- By an estimate the GoP has over 17 “captured” terrorists?
- Where are they and why have the results of the interrogations not been made public?
- Is there a cover up going on?
- Where are the media bigwigs like Kamran Khan, Irshad Haqqani, Hasan Nisar, Hamid Mir, Kashif Abbasi, Ijaz Haider, Khalid Chaudhry, Bina Sarwar, Talat Hussain, Nazir Naji, Marianna Babar?
The three arrested members of a militants’ gang especially deputed by Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan have disclosed that RAW has been funding suicide bomb attacks in Pakistan and that the Indian agency has funneled Rs 680 million through its links with the Afghan secret agency. The gang of three persons have brazenly admitted that they belong to the group of persons who had been deputed to ‘destabilise democratic Pakistan’ with the sole purpose of ‘enforcement of Shariah’ in the country. Operators of an intelligence agency, working beyond the call of their duty, came into contact with a source ready for a tip-off against a reward and led to the arrest of Khurram Ishtiaq, Ghulam Mustafa and Shamim. The persons had been working under Qari Hussain, second-in-command to Baitullah Mehsud. All the three had been arrested on Aug 13 this year while they were on the prowl for a target. The militants had been arrested ‘red-handed’ as they possessed complete suicide kits, including two jackets and 70kg of explosives and detonators. The accused were hardened militants and took a lot of time to break in and make confessions. They revealed that Qari Hussain had been working to help three adjutants? Farukh Usman alias Shahjee, Tayyab alias Baba; Ustad, the trainer to destabilise democratic government.