Laidback Show in its 7th episode invites Jehan Ara, President P@SHA to discuss the Take back the Tech initiative, a campaign which is condemning violence against women. Other issues were also discussed, watch the episode and follow the show notes below
Show Notes after the Jump
- Bakra Eid comes knocking, millions of animals being sacrificed, quite a lot many do it as a show of wealth
- Jehan Ara discusses Take Back the Tech – violence against women, TBTT’s initiatives in Pakistan, blog post Take Back The Tech: join the16 days of activism
- Twitter activism takes a lead spreading the word #TakeBacktheTech
- TEDIndia’s presentation by Pranav Mistry on his Sixth Sense product
- Short discussion on P@SHA, Yousuf Jan takes over Chairmanship of P@SHA
- Google Wave turns out to be a flop
- Awab wants to predict that Facebook popularity is set to be taken over by other technologies
- Faisal Kapadia discusses how the government of Pakistan allows a Hindu temple to bring a moorti for its festival
- Awab discusses a Hindu temple in Hingol, Baluchistan called Nani Mander, where he has gone for Offroading
- Awab share a picture of Zardari with Ami and Abu
- Laidback Show supports the Take back the Tech initiative and urges every one to STOP VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
violence against women
By men or women. Facts tell that today women in Pakistan suffer more due to women than men. Why not kill the women?
I just listen to the first few min talk related to Qurbani, and its ashamed that the peoples who don't have a knowledge that what is mandatory and not in Qurbani is talking about it.