:::: MENU ::::

Shocking Attack on a Pakistani in a Hospital in Bahrain

This is an email I received from Bahrain sharing a shocking detail of Human Rights abuses against Pakistanis in these riots. I personally cannot verify the contents but talking to a number of Pakistanis based in Bahrain all attest that such incident did occur and this incident is being widely reported. What is actually happening is that there are a lot of Pakistanis in Bahrain and even a large number in the police, so when the local arabs want to vent their anger they search and identify Pakistani and then go crazy, a smilier incident occurred a few days back and this is what happened

I am a Bahraini medical staff member in Salmaniya please i want my story of what happened in Salmaniya to be told to people.

Being a human being it is my duty to let the people know the reality of what happened in Salmaniya on Saturday night and early part of Sunday 13th March 2011 in Salmaniya emergency.

I was present there in emergency, I am narrating to you the incident about the Pakistani labor workers who came to emergency, the arrival of Pakistanis beaten to death was hailed as a moral victory for narrow minded medical staff of SMC including some doctors and nurses which were chanting victory slogans as they had achieved a victory and against our king these poor labor guys were taken out of ambulances as animals with hands coughed and with oozing blood from their body were kicked and verbally abused as they had come to a prison not a hospital where patients are slaughtered.

The poor labor guys whom I talked to were innocent laborers who had been sleeping in their rooms in manama when armed people attacked them in about 30-40 with knives, swords and sticks, these guys got fractures, wound lacerations, and were then set on fire by inhuman terrorists, after a delayed of initial treatment some of doctors and nurses refuse to treat them saying that these are loyal people of government and should not get treatment, one of critically injured was left to die as they thought there was no purpose saving his life and allowed some cameramen and video makers of some fundamental channels to take picture even before they started treatment, they treated them like animals, the patients were shifted to another room where I saw them being threatened to say what the false media and hospital staff people wanted them to say, they wanted to portray that these guys were in ministry or army and the poor labor guys were asked that how much money has government given you to kill protestors, with a stand on camera in place like shooting in some television studio and people threatening patients to confess to the most stupidity I have ever heard to say that police had harmed them, they were beating the patients and telling them to confess or they will kill all of them, these already beaten to death were crying and pleading for their lives this was happening in the presence of some terrorist doctors, nurses and security staff, watching all this I felt like crying, after seeing the inhuman behavior of staff of SMC, they are not worth calling humans, I felt really disgusted, I wanted to do something but was helpless there was no security in hospital to which I could go and complain, I said to Allah in my heart , Ya Allah you are watching this and you only decide what should be done with those who are a shame to humanity, I rest this case on Allah!!!

People in SMC are mercenaries, but now as army has taken over the hospital I am hopeful good changes will come and I welcome this move by the government, these in human staff had made this hospital into a terror camp I sometimes feel like I am working in Iran not Bahrain where people are forced to practice unethical things, I want the Bahraini government to kick out these racist doctors belonging to political sect, these senior doctors are brainwashing the new generation of doctors to be with a political sect and gives negative vibes against our king, always portraying that the government has done something wrong while on contrary these people try to give a negative image of our government to world and false media, all this is against the hypocrite oath of doctors as well as ethics, I also would like this so cold negative media to be banned from viewing in hospital, these reporters don’t respect the confidentiality of patients at the time of pain which is against all medical ethics and human rights please I request the higher authorities and human right activist to take action against these medical doctors and nurses and these false media reporters and kick theses people out of SMC!

I am hiding my identity, and I am not going to work in SMC until security is assured to people of Bahrain, and I love Bahrain, I love my king, I love people of Bahrain weather they are Sunni or Shia, all are my brothers and sisters, thanking you from a Bahraini who loves his country!!!!!!! May this country become more peaceful and heaven on earth.

Ameen


25 Comments

  • Expat |

    This reeks of fabrication. I'm not saying attacks on Pakistanis have not happened but this account is not likely to have been written by a Doctor from Salmaniya. This is possibly a fabricated account in order to tinge the image of Bahraini dissidents even further.

  • Noora |

    Expat im sorry but the way that the medical terms were used shows that of a doctor please do not undermine people if they are not as fluent as you might be in English. Added to that his observations had been more than once repeated by visitors to Salmaniya Hospital and other medical staff that have called Bahrain TV to report the same things that this DOCTOR has mentioned. Please lets use logic and notice that these people stand to gain NOTHING since they have remained anonyms here on the radio or TV. Im sorry i have not seen things by my own eyes but i have heard both sides and have seen how the pakistan, Indian and Bangladesh population in Bahrain have been treated and heard from people on the street that have experienced, though lesser, incidents of what was mentioned about physical and verbal abuse from the anti-government protestors first hand and some are actually my freinds. And to be clear I am an arab through and through and from the Gulf so not to say that I stand to gain anything from this. Thank you for posting your view and I wish you would respect my opinion as I did yours.

  • Another Expat |

    This isn't a fabrication and is very real as to what happened in that hospital (Salmaniya Medical Complex).

    If anyone needs to verify this account by the anonymous doctor at the SMC, feel free to call +973 17871111 which is the hotline number at Bahrain TV who interviewed live on-air a nurse who was an eye witness to a similar situation at the same hospital – before the security operation to free hostages taken as human shields by the protesters, had started.

    Should you feel the need to verify the article further, please have a The Tribune in Pakistan who published an article on a protection plea by expat Pakistanis in Bahrain:
    http://tribune.com.pk/story/133526/pakistani-work

  • Majid |

    This is not "Shocking At ack" this is natural "IF THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING" because Paqistanis are playing the role of Raym*ond Da*vis there. Simple!

    • faisal |

      Majid,

      you sound like a shia bharwa, instead of sympathizing Pakistani victims, you are supporting the criminals just because they are shias and you can't dare to use your full name as it would expose your ancestors.

    • Majid |

      faisal

      You wrote: "you sound like a sh_ia bharwa"

      – The lingo you used has exposed your ancestors

      You wrote: "instead of sympathizing Pa_kistani victims,…"

      – Check what Pa_kistanis are doing there




      They are still recruiting Pa_kistanis…join your loved ones there follow the below advertisment appeared in Daily Jang Laho_re on 7th March 2011.

  • David |

    Expat (writer of comment 1)

    am surprised how you ignore what is in the video, and try to prove whether this was wrote by a real doctor or not!!

    assuming this wasn't written by a real doctor, what do you think of how those people in the video are treated by those heartless people(IF can be described as people).

  • RobL |

    These were Pakistanis from Baluchistan that are mercenaries hired by Bahrain's royals to do night raids on Shiite villages and arrests. Many have years of experience standing as servants and doing dirty deeds like pulling the electrical switch on tortures etc. This was a revenge killing when some of them were attacked while their peers had run off.

  • Noora |

    Mr. Robl,

    Are you justifying their ( the Pakitanies) deaths when you say and I quote you ( This was a revenge killing when some of them were attacked while their peers had run off) why are we living in a jungle where law and order no longer exists and people should take matters in their own hands!?!? Sorry this is Bahrain not Iran were people are killed for just SPEAKING out and being of a different faith. Here criminals are taken to court and we have two courts here for the Sunnis and Shiites so that each individual would be judged by a judge of their own. Many criminals have been let go of and many innocent people have been placed in jail in every country in this world. We understand the law and each person is entitled to his/her opinion that's freedom, but something I truly believe in is that In the end the just will prevail and God sees all, the means will justify the end. I hope that every human being will keep their minds and hearts open, listen to both sides and please use logic not emotions or heresy please.

  • UniteBH |

    These were NOT the "mercenaries" that you claim they were RobL. These were innocent labourers that work day and night to build bahrain and are the key factor of the rise in industry in Bahrain. Labourers earning below $300 dollars a month that live in congested labour camps and terrible conditions , like the ones shown in the video are the REAL victims of human rights. Anyone that lives in Bahrain or any other arab state will tell you this. I have spoken to some of the victims 1st hand, and i can swear on this, that the account given by the writer is NOT fabricated! God bless you and your famillies and keep you away from the troubles that have been witnessed by some of these poor individuals that had migrated to Bahrain to work in rough conditions at $300 a month. Please note, no local would be willing to do the jobs that these people have. There is no excuse for victimising these innocent civilians.

    It is easy to deny the other side of the story as always being fabricated, and criticising the local TV channel as being biased. I dont see the anti govt propaganda machines showing the videos of this torture either!!! I wish you all the best of luck and safety!

  • Majid |

    @ Ms. Noora: I am returning your question to you why are we living in a jungle, check the below videos and comment…where are the courts you are mentioning? See the brutality …!







  • Majid |

    Since P*akistanis (being from a particular sec*t) are being used to change the demography of Bah*rain in the same way as we see in the Palesti*ne where Is*rael use je*w settl*lers. They are given the power which should be given to the real Bah*rainis in other words Bah*rainis were deprived off the right they should have! The reaction is natural and expected.

    @Ms. Noora, you know in P*akistan we complain the deployment of police from other provinces in our own province so how can the locals in Bah*rain tolerate Pakista*nis there?

  • ahmed |

    you should first know why this was done . these people are thugs and more of them work with security in Bahrain , they attacked the villages of protesters , so what do you think people can do for them ! It's mistake of Pakistani and Indian governments because help Bahrain forces with these soldiers .. you can see also news about this issue in BBC reports !

  • Noora |

    Mr. Majid my country is a free country with diversity i myself do not agree to the " night life" as you call it but i thought people wanted freedom to do as they like and say what they want so the people sopke and they wanted drinking and the infamous " night life". In reply to your videos what are your comments to the policemen that were run over? Please don't tell me the protestors where defending themselves right? Is that why the GMC and Yukon saw it fit to run over the battered body of the policeman in the area in front of AlDana Mall three times and the last time it moved oh soooooo slowly as if to TOTALLY remove any doubt that the man driving the car must be nothing more than a heartless machine that was a given an order or mentally disturb person that doesnot comprehend humanity at all!!! and then to top all up the "peaceful" protesters continued to decimate the dead body by jumping over it as if were a joyride and throwing stones at it to further disrespect of what was left of his soul for his body was mutilated beyond belief. It just makes you wonder what is in the minds of the protesters to be able to do this to another humane being for I had my grandfather killed (shot in the back but in a foriegn land by people who wanted to robe him) but I CANNOT even think to this to do them and I would not think about the protestors hearts cause I do not believe they have hearts to be able to mutilate a dead body and ENJOY doing it too… Majid you can show all the videos you wants but I'm an IT engineer I know a fabricated video and my sister is a psychology doctor so please these people can use these tricks on other people.

  • Majid |

    Dear Ms. Noorah;

    You wrote: 1. "Mr. Majid my count*ry is a free country with diversity i myself do not agree to the ” night life” as you call it but i thought people wanted freedom to do as they like and say what they want so the people sopke and they wanted drinking and the infamous ” night life”."

    – This is actually a tactic of the regim_e to keep the people busy. Some guys say its an is_lamic country is'nt it?

    You wrote: 2. "In reply to your videos what are your comments to the policemen that were run over?"

    – Firstly, what else the un arm_ed protesters could do to quench their anger…if they had the privilege of arm_s they could do it the way gover_nment operatives and foreign ppl are doing to them i.e. in few bull*ets…this is the anger of what ever have happened to them since 1895…yes, 1895…go and see the history please.

    Secondly, what are your comments about the videos I shared specifically about Ahm_ed Far_han(the first link), Please reply isn't it inhuman?

    You reply also for this;


    You wrote: 3. "but I’m an IT engineer I know a fabricated video"

    – It doesn't necessary need to be an IT Engineer to know a fabricated video…in your case its called hallucination where you see all the videos showing the guil_t of regi_me as fabricat_ed so better consult your "psychology doctor" sister for your hallucination case.

    • Noora |

      Majid,

      I'm sorry I'm not hallucinating and I would appreciate that we talk here as civilized polite people or please feel free to leave this discussion. I got your beliefs loud and clear you want people to take matters into their own hands as you justify that the protesters instead of leaving the policeman after killing him they mutilated the body and you justified it by stating that the protestors are angry and they were unarmed so they had the right to run over and over over a human being (not matter how you view him) and the rest started to throw stones on the dead body and kick and jump on it. Good to know that as many people were doubting you just yelled it out loud that these protestors ARE NOT PEACEfUL as you Majid have stated on the World Wide Web congratulations for that achievement. You cleared up one part that even Sayed was doubting. The other part, I wanted you to show me please how Farhan died since I know from one of GCC protestors that one of the deaths was self inflicted when he was trying to throw a Molotov and it exploded in his own hands and Ali Dumustani was run over by his own friend while he was trying to run over another policeman on 13th March 2011 ( i saw this video of ali being ran over and when he was dead when his friend was bending over him asking for his forgivness) Can you please show me your evidence of how he departed this world?

      Thank you and again I stress out that this discussion is for civilized polite people that are discussing a topic, let's keep it as such.

    • Sayed |

      Dear Majid and all Peaceful Protestors: I can understand your frustration because of discrimination, but you also have to realize that change not come in 1 month, what protestors were doing at pearl roundabout it was really peaceful i went there by myself. However when they were blocked financial harbor it was just like an act of provoking the government to do some aggressive decision. We all know that guys of pearl roundabout were really pressurized government and they were feeling that now may be its time to accept the mistake of discrimination. I have to say this very sadly that some of the protestors don’t want the stability, don’t want the change, they just want to destabilize the country of Bahrain.

      The use of power by the government it’s because the antigovernment protest become the anti-Bahrain protest, because if you block the roads, that’s mean you are provoking violence. Few protestors done this and they have a 1st reasonability on their head for what is going on now. Tell me please if all oppositions leaders requesting those guys who block the roads that please don’t leave the pearl roundabout, don’t block the road, why they didn’t listen. I am telling you a limited and specific group done this not for pressurizing government but to destabilizing the whole Bahrain.

      2nd regarding the Pakistanis: They are here for jobs because they don’t have enough in their country, if someone ask in the country like Pakistan that come and do the job in Bahrain, why they don’t come? As they are jobless and living the low profile life there. Please understand you cannot differentiate your Bahrain forces like they are Pakistani or non-Bahrainis, they are Bahrain Security forces treat them like that, no and I mean no one have an authority in Army to do the things by themselves, whatever security forces are doing as they have ordered to do so. Yes these expats build this country by their hand, they don’t have GMC they don’t have big LCD Tv’s and they don’t eat expensive meals, they are the poor peoples who came here to give some financial support to their families in their country. If you want from expats to leave the security forces and government jobs and you think you deserve these jobs as you are Bahrainis then ok, fired all expats who are here doing labors jobs too, fired the cleaning guys who are cleaning the roads, fire the plumbers, the electrician, the car wash guy, deport all of them, if you are claiming the jobs of government you deserve most as you are Bahrainis then do the all jobs of Bahrain, clean you country by your hand, be responsible for the whole things.

      Running someone from your car you are saying what else the unarmed protestors do? as they were very angry? unarmed means not is that you don't have a weapon killing peoples by any thing is killing nothing else don't say that they are unarmed as they used their GMC as a weapon, tell me when security forces seen that video and become angry and done some serious violence, do you justified that too as they have a reason to express their anger?

      Please please please don’t build hatred in your heart Bahrain peoples have to become united, Bahrain’s peoples have the power and they show it at Pearl roundabout, please don’t de stabilize Bahrain, please become a one again. We have to take forward step, please please please don’t spread violence, and think to do things again peacefully. Stay at home don’t conflict with forces and come on negotiation table. This is how the changed was come in the world this is how change will come in this world

  • Sayed |

    Majid and all Peaceful Protestors: I can understand your frustration because of discrimination, but you also have to realize that change not come in 1 month, what protestors were doing at pearl roundabout it was really peaceful i went there by myself. However when they were blocked financial harbor it was just like an act of provoking the government to do some aggressive decision. We all know that guys of pearl roundabout were really pressurized government and they were feeling that now may be its time to accept the mistake of discrimination. I have to say this very sadly that some of the protestors don't want the stability, don't want the change, they just want to destabilize the country of Bahrain.

    The use of power by the government it’s because the antigovernment protest become the anti-Bahrain protest, because if you block the roads, that’s mean you are provoking violence. Few protestors done this and they have a 1st reasonability on their head for what is going on now. Tell me please if all oppositions leaders requesting those guys who block the roads that please don't leave the pearl roundabout, don’t block the road, why they didn’t listen. I am telling you a limited and specific group done this not for pressurizing government but to destabilizing the whole Bahrain.

    2nd regarding the Pakistanis: They are here for jobs because they don't have enough in their country, if someone ask in the country like Pakistan that come and do the job in Bahrain, why they don't come? As they are jobless and living the low profile life there. Please understand you cannot differentiate your Bahrain forces like they are Pakistani or non-Bahrainis, they are Bahrain Security forces treat them like that, no and I mean no one have an authority in Army to do the things by themselves, whatever security forces are doing as they have ordered to do so. Yes these expats build this country by their hand, they don’t have GMC they don’t have big LCD Tv’s and they don’t eat expensive meals, they are the poor peoples who came here to give some financial support to their families in their country. If you want from expats to leave the security forces and government jobs and you think you deserve these jobs as you are Bahrainis then ok, fired all expats who are here doing labors jobs too, fired the cleaning guys who are cleaning the roads, fire the plumbers, the electrician, the car wash guy, deport all of them, if you are claiming the jobs of government you deserve most as you are Bahrainis then do the all jobs of Bahrain, clean you country by your hand, be responsible for the whole things.

    Running someone from your car you are saying this is because they are very angry and frustrated that is why they did that, then tell me when security forces seen that video and become angry and done some serious violence, do you justified that too?

    Please please please don't build hatred in your heart Bahrain peoples have to become united, Bahrain’s peoples have the power and they show it at Pearl roundabout, please don’t de stabilize Bahrain, please become a one again. We have to take forward step, please please please don't spread violence, and think to do things again peacefully. Stay at home don’t conflict with forces and come on negotiation table. This is how the changed was come in the world this is how change will come in this world.

  • muhammad wajid |

    All the muslims specially arab got mad throuth the propoganda media war by the tacktis of democracy,cia agent 30 to 40 years efforts are showing the result, islamic democracy is different then western concept,is islam no one have authority to make laws as per their knowledge and thinking,even elected by whole population, in islam independent elected peoples (without part system) are responsible to act a/c to allah order as told in quran and responsible to guide the republic a/c to quran, there is no concept of shia sunny, ahle hadite,etc in islamic state,these vireces are injected by the anti islamic forces in to the islamic state by humen mind tacktics, muslims should understand the situation and should get guidnace from quran beyond the biasd mind, natinalism is political agenda born from west, save their nation even to kill the others nation humen,

  • Abdullah |

    The Pakistani expats are targeted mainly because most of them are Sunnis and the shia population is taking out its anger against the sunni govt. by targeting innocent sunni laborers.

    The atrocities are not committed by Arabs but by Shias backed by Iran.

    Till now Bahrian was a peaceful country, No human right abuses as compared to Egypt or Libya and the only use of force was against the people who want to topple the sunni govt on the behest of Iran

  • Majid |

    @Abdullah

    you wrote:

    "The Pakistani expats are targeted mainly because most of them are Sunnis and the shia population is taking out its anger against the sunni govt. by targeting innocent sunni laborers."

    = the sun.ni labours are there because they are part of the demography change plan of al khalifa to make or to present shias as a minority.

    You Wrote: "The atrocities are not committed by Arabs but by Shias backed by Iran."

    – Attrocities are clearly visible…done by arab monarchs…dont you see the inappropriate and excessive use of force against civilians…tanks against flower holding protesters!

    You Wrote: "Till now Bahrian was a peaceful country, No human right abuses as compared to Egypt or Libya and the only use of force was against the people who want to topple the sunni govt on the behest of Iran"

    – Bahrain had been a peaceful country because the oppressed shia majority were not came outagainst the oppressors. and dear abdullah if it is a sunnigovernment than its that sunni govert who allowed and support us forces to launch attacks on afghan and iraq from its soil.

  • nota |

    We have been having the same discussion elsewhere for weeks now. I certainly agree with @Majid. On one side we have pure naked government propaganda like this "anonymous" email (another excellent example here as to how ridiculous it can get).

    To me, the violence against expats is but only natural and it is only going to INCREASE. One just cannot ignore the role the expats have been playing in the security forces. Doing so is living in a lala land. Similarly foolish isblaming Iran for all the troubles.

    Here is my basic argument:

    Missing the mountain for the molehill: The Rich/Poor & Sunni/Shiite Rift