The popular blogging site WordPress.com is being blocked in Pakistan courtesy of the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority flexing their muscles. This is not new, in 2006 Blogspot was blocked because one blog hosted on the Blogspot domain posted the controversial cartoons mocking our prophet Muhammed (PBUH) the blockage lasted for over two years and was silently removed but the website still lingers on.
Today the site which might have been responsible (as per my info) for the cause of the WordPress censorship is undoubtedly Anti-Pakistan propaganda and has been engaged in this Anti-Pakistan propaganda for quite sometime, even to the extent of supporting TTP terrorists against Pakistan etc, but by blocking it, does not serve Pakistan well, as inadvertently the Govt of Pakistan attracts more undue attention towards the site, a site which I too would not have bothered to look up – had if Govt of Pakistan not decided to block it, inquisitively I looked around to search the cause of the block to actually see why had it irked PTA enough to block it.
Now hats off to PTA as the traffic / attention to the site increases … censorship is hence a double edge sword, but propaganda wins, if it reaches the tipping point of curiosity, catapulting the issue to mainstream news, as compared to an unknown blog post being uploaded on some random blog site pushing filth
Aamir Attaa at ProPakistani upates that this might only be a two day block
“A source at Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has confirmed ProPakistani that WordPress.com is temporarily blocked in Pakistan due to severe issues related to national security. It appears now that blocking decision is somewhat related to Pakistan day. Source, who wanted to remain unnamed, said that exact content that caused the blockade can’t be revealed due to seriousness of the matter. Source further confirmed that WordPress.com will be unblocked in two days from now”
Post Edit: One does go through a flux of thoughts at times like these, sure on 23rd March with patriotism in full swing, Anti-state propaganda is to be shunned / ignored, and in their self acclaimed defenders of the ideology of Pakistan – PTA decides to possibly take a moratorium on wordpress for 2 days (?) to silence this idiotic blog but does blocking one blog warrant the blatant censorship of millions of other blogs
Many may argue, its not the end of the world, sure… but why should millions of blog access suffer for one idiotic lunatic hosting something against Pakistan. Havent they inturn given legitimacy to the blog, that they have successfully irked the Pakistani nation and in some way catapulted the blogger to international fame. Ignoring such lunatics possibly requires prudence in thought, it could compel PTA to ask Channels/PEMRA to ignore such Anti-Pakistan stories, but attracting attention to the site is a damning shot in their own foot
WHAT DID THE FIRST CHRISTIANS BELIEVE? BY STEVE FINNELL
THE CHURCH OF CHRIST HAD ITS BEGINNING ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST 33 A.D.. WHAT BELIEFS AND ACTIONS DID THE THREE THOUSAND CONVERTS TO CHRIST HAVE IN COMMON? DID GOD APPROVE OF EVOLVING BELIEFS, DIFFERENT REQUIREMENTS FOR SALVATION? IF THAT WERE TRUE, THEN WOULD IT NOT BE FOUND IN THE NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES?
Acts 2:41 So then, those who received his word were baptized; and there were added about three thousand souls. Acts 2:47….And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.
All three thousand believed the apostle Peter’s message and were baptized in water. Then they were added to the Lord’s church by the Lord Himself. The Lord did not add the unsaved to His church. They had to believe and be baptized in water prior to being added to the body of Christ.
1. Acts 2:22 Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know—
All three thousand believed Jesus was a miracle worker.
2. Acts 2:31-32 he looked ahead and spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that He was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did His flesh suffer decay. 32 This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses.
All three thousand believed in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
3. Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.”
All three thousand believed that Jesus was Lord and Christ.
4. Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
All three thousand repented in order to have sins forgiven. (repentance meant that they made the commitment to turn from their unbelief and sinful lifestyle and turn toward God).
All three thousand were baptized in water in order to have their sins forgiven.
All three thousand received the indwelling gift of the Holy Spirit after they believed, repented, and were baptized in water.
5. Acts 2:40 And with many other words he solemnly testified and kept on exhorting them, “Be saved from this perverse generation!”
All three thousand were saved after they believed Peter’s message: They believed, repented, confessed, and were baptized in water. (Mark 16:16, John 3:16, Acts 3:19, Acts 2:38, Romans 10:9-10, Acts 8:35-38) THEN THEY WERE ADDED TO THE LORD’S CHURCH! (Acts 2:47)
WHAT THINGS DID PETER NOT PREACH AND WHAT THINGS DID THE THREE THOUSAND NOT BELIEVE.
1.Peter did not preach that men were saved by grace alone.
2.Peter did not preach that men were saved by faith only
3.Peter did not preach that God had selected a few to be saved and that all others would go to hell.
4. Peter did not preach that water baptism was not essential to salvation.
5. Peter did not preach that Jesus was just one of many Saviors.
6. Peter did not preach that once you were saved, that you could continue in a sinful lifestyle and still be saved.
7. Peter did not preach that God did not have the power to give us an inerrant translation of the Scriptures.
8. Peter did not preach that God would provide hundreds or thousands of different Christian denominations, and that they would teach different ways of being saved.
9. Peter did NOT preach that you had to speak in tongues as evidence that you were saved.
AS BELIEVERS IN CHRIST, MEN SHOULD USE THE BIBLE AS THEIR GUIDE FOR SALVATION. Looking to man-made creed books, Bible commentaries, denominational statements of faith, and church catechisms, is looking in all the wrong places for the absolute truth!
YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com